Kate Middleton's plans to return to work updated by Kensington Palace as princess focuses on charity project

Kate Middleton has been briefed on a new report from herRoyal Foundation Centre for Early Childhood that urges businesses to invest in families with young children but has no definite plans for when she will return to work yet, according to reports.

The Princess of Wales announced she is undergoing treatment for cancer in March and has been out of the public eye since she underwent a planned abdominal surgery in January.

“The princess is not expected to return to work until it’s cleared by her medical team. Early childhood will continue to be central to her public work,” a Kensington Palace spokesperson told Fox News.

Christian Guy, executive director for the foundation, told BBC News on Tuesday that their work was “rolling on” as the princess “recovers,” adding that the 42-year-old was “excited” about their new campaign.

KING CHARLES SHIELDING KATE MIDDLETON, FAMILY RISKS BEING READ ‘RIOT ACT’ IF THEY UTTER NEGATIVE WORD: EXPERT

Kate Middleton has been briefed on a new report from her Royal Foundation Centre for Early Childhood that urges businesses to invest in families with young children but has no definite plans for when she will return to work yet.  (Max Mumby/Indigo/Getty Images)

Early childhood has been a special focus of the princess’ and she started the foundation in 2021.

Prince William has since returned to public duties in her place, along with other members of the royal family, and earlier this month, he went on his first overnight trip to visit theDuchy of Cornwall’s housing project focused on helping homelessness.

PRINCE HARRY ‘HIT HARD’ BY KATE MIDDLETON CANCER BATTLE, BUT PRINCE WILLIAM WON’T LET HIM ‘NEAR’ WIFE: EXPERT

Kate Middleton announced to the world she had cancer in a pre-recorded message in March. (The Prince and Princess of Wales Twitter)

“Obviously, William feels that Kate is on the mend now, and he has been very relaxed leaving London and seen in Cornwall,” royal expert Ian Pelham told Fox News Digital at the time.

CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP FOR THE ENTERTAINMENT NEWSLETTER

In her March 22 video message announcing she was undergoing chemotherapy, the princess thanked well-wishers for their “wonderful messages of support.”

Prince William has returned to public duties as Kate Middleton continues to recover.  (Samir Hussein/WireImage)

“It has been an incredibly tough couple of months for our entire family. But I’ve had a fantastic medical team who’ve taken great care of me for which I’m so grateful,” she said.

Middelton added that after cancer was discovered, she was advised to undergo “preventative chemotherapy, and I’m now in the early stages of that treatment.”

LIKE WHAT YOU’RE READING? CLICK HERE FOR MORE ENTERTAINMENT NEWS

She said she had told her three children — Princes George, 10, Louis, 6, and Princess Charlotte, 9 — “I am well and getting stronger every day by focusing on the things that will help me heal in my mind, body and spirits. Having William by my side is a great source of comfort and reassurance, too, as is the love support and kindness that has been shown by so many of you. It means so much to us both.”

Kate Middleton has been away from public duties since her abdominal surgery in March.  (Andy Cheung/Getty Images)

She also mentioned her work, saying it “has always brought me a deep sense of joy and I look forward to being back when I move on. But for now, I must focus on making a full recovery.”

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

Fox News Digital has reached out to Kensington Palace for comment.

Check Also

Jelly Roll says Eminem's request for duet is ‘coolest' moment of his career

Country star Jelly Roll is still in disbelief that Detroit rapper Eminem wanted to perform …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *