Monday, April 22, 2024
HomehealthSix children hospitalized in Florida after eating cannabis gummies at after-school program

Six children hospitalized in Florida after eating cannabis gummies at after-school program

Six children were hospitalized in Florida after they ate candy containing cannabis at the Lauderhill Boys & Girls Club on Wednesday.

Police officers were dispatched to the location in Broward County three times that afternoon, according to a local report from NBC 6 South Florida.

A total of eight children ranging from 6 to 8 years of age consumed the gummies. Six of the children were transported to Broward Health and Florida Medical Center, according to Lauderhill Fire Rescue officials.

“Since there’s not much information on the long-term effects of a cannabis overdose in children, prevention is truly key to protecting your child’s safety,” Woodcock also said.

For more Health articles, visit www.foxnews.com/health

Melissa Rudy is health editor and a member of the lifestyle team at Fox News Digital. 

RELATED ARTICLES

Most Popular